Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year, everyone! I thought this might be a good opportunity to post a blog. So much has been going on. I am working on my final project for my Bookkeeping Career Diploma. I am sooo excited but I am also so overloaded. I have been working somewhere between 6 to 10 hours a day on this. So I regularly feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my head. Guess that's what I get for only allowing myself quick pitstops to the bathroom or to get food to eat while I work. I'm proud of my self-disipline right now and I am feeling very confident. I have to. I have to get this don't by January 5th or I have to find more money to pay them for an extension. There would be no excuse for that in my eyes. If I have to work 24/7 to get this done in time, I will. I don't think it will come to that though. I am so excited to have this program completed. Wow! I am so tired of being out of work or temping. So I am really hoping that with this diploma I will be able to find a good job. Once I get that job and can get myself in a better financial position I want to keep going with my education and get my Associates degree in Accounting then my Bachelors then my Masters. It's gonna take a long time though. That's okay though. I don't mind. It'll all be worth it.

I have been hanging out with my friends Keith and Darlene. Keith is the maintenance manager for my apartment complex and Darlene is his wife. I have known Keith since I moved in 3 years ago but we only chatted a little bit. I met Darlene during the summer and we really hit it off. They are such really good people. I feel so very privelaged to call them friends and to witness the wonderful marriage. They have been married for 8 years and together for 12 years. They are still so happy together. I truly enjoy hanging out with them and getting to know them more each time we do. It's been so long since I have had true friends that I am so happy to have them. I know I am gusting but it's so great! I have been so let down or just plain walked all over by people that I thought were my friends. I would spend so much time reasuring, conforting, supporting and advising "friends." I have been soooo close to accepting that it would always be a one-sided thing. That I would never find anyone to really do those things for me without there being a something in it for them. But then I meet Keith and Darlene and found that I was wrong. They have been everything that I that I was looking/hoping for and so much more. Without even trying they bashed thru those walls that I built to protect myself from getting hurt by bad friendships. It's been so refreshing to have their friendships. I hang out with them once a week and we have so much fun. Darlene has been so great for my self-esteem. She is always telling me that I am such a kind person, that I am so pretty, and so many other great things. I haven't really had a friend that reassures me and compiments me like see does. She doesn't let me hide in my shell or be on the outskirts of anything. She just pulls me right into the thick of things. It's really great. My goodness! I have been just going on and on, huh? hehehe Well, I'm sure you get the idea.

Well, not much else to talk about that I can think of. I'll post again soon. Love to everyone!

No comments: